** Date is pending. Stay tuned for more info. **
Hosted with the UCCE of Tehama County, the Humboldt County Prescribed Burn Association, and UCCE of Humboldt County, the Glenn County Resource Conservation District is excited share this workshop opportunity!
Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshop
Are you interested in learning more about options for prescribed fire on private lands, laws and permits, and community-based prescribed burn associations? If so, this workshop is for you!
Designed for private landowners and land managers, and anyone else who is interested in learning more about how to plan and implement prescribed fire on private lands, this workshop will highlight successes from neighboring counties, including the prescribed burn association model that is currently gaining momentum in Humboldt County and across Northern California.
- Options for prescribed fire on private lands, prescribed burn associations, liability, California state-certified burn boss, and common myths around prescribed fire
- Reasons for using prescribed fire
- Update from Humboldt County: prescribed burn objectives, project costs, burn windows, and bringing fire back to the people
- Local landowner perspective
- CAL FIRE’s Vegetation Management Program, other grant programs, and permits
- And more!!
Question - call the Glenn County RCD at (530) 934-4601 x 5