RCD Connect hopes to enhance classroom and youth group curriculum, with current activities below.
- Assist students in marketing Nest Habitats for Owls, Bats and Song Birds.
- Assist students in marketing Wildlife Escape Ramps for livestock troughs.
- Active in Future Farmers of America competitions.
- Offer financial awards for Glenn County STEM Showcase (formerly Science Fair).
- Offer financial awards for RCD’s Annual High School Speak-Off Contest.
- Offer sponsorships to high school students for Natural Resources & Range Camp.
- “Run Your Tail Off… through the Watershed” 5K/10K Run-Walk Fundraiser.
“When somebody asked me what I wanted to do after high school, I didn’t have an answer until I got involved with Glenn County RCD and attended Range Camp. Now I know my future.”
-Kennith Wharton, Class of 2017, Orland High School
“My experience working with RCD through the Hospitality Program went pretty well! I learned a lot of office skills and working with people.”
-Lukas Nygard, Class of 2014, Willows High School
“Working at the RCD has been a lot of fun mixed with learning. We learned many useful office skills, such as filing and copying. It’s always a fun atmosphere here. I also enjoyed helping with their activities, such as the Run Your Tail Off… 5K/10K. I enjoyed my time here very much and wish I could have spent a longer period of time training.”
-Caitlin Ehorn, Class of 2014, Willows High School